API Programming Lesson 1
I’ve begun to study the API Functions of VB6 alongside VB2005 Coding (OMG, it’s gonna be tough😮 ).
Notes from Lesson 1:
- These are the basic functions of API : FindWindow, FindWindowEx, GetCursorPos, WindowFromPoint, GetClassName, GetWindowText, and SetWindowText (SendMessage could be the basic function too, but i have not studied about it. I’ll write about it in lesson 2 :))
- These are the basic functions which need buffer for storing the return value : GetClassName and GetWindowText (Does it mean that all API functions began with ‘get’ always need buffer ? I’ll find the answer :))
- FindWindow, FindWindowEx and WindowFromPoint will return the handlewindow (hWnd) of a window. If you know the class name, use FindWindow/FindWindowEx. If you don’t know the class name, use WindowFromPoint instead.
- FindWindow could be used to determined if a window was a parent or a child window. Just use it with a class name (class got by windowfrompoint function). If the return value is 0 then it’s a child window and vice versa.
- If you want to edit a window text with SetWindowText function individually, use hWnd generated by WindowFromPoint. If you want to set window text globally, use hwnd genereted by FindWindow–GetClassName instead (Still confusing me).
I think it’s enough for today :)
1 Comment »
- DOSBox – Si Emulator Game Jadul
- Cradle of Monster – Mouryou no Yurikago
- CDR Control Automation Project (Part 2)
- CDR Control Automation Project (Part 1)
- Echo Coverage (Part 1)
- Hidden Plurk Emoticons
- Top 5 – Taksi Terbaik di Jakarta
- 3 Months and Microblogging …
- Radar Data Processing – #1 – System Reqs.
- WTHIGO ?? – #4 – Hangus Membawa Nikmat (end)
- Nggak Jadi Pindah .. LOL